2008年5月27日

Reaganomics

Today, I learned about Ronald Wilson Reagan who was the 40th president of the United States(1981-1989) on the Internet.

He was born in Tampico, Illinois, February 6, 1911. After he graduated the university, he became an actor. He appeared many films and radios. In 1940, he married Jane Wyman who was an actress, but he divorced eight years later and he remarried Nancy Davis who was an actress in 1952. He assumed the premiership in 1981. His economic policy was called Reaganomics. The axis of Reaganomics was tax reduction, a change of supply distribution, deregulation and fighting inflation.
He had something in his nature that everyone couldn't hate. But once he had a little mistake. In 1984, before the radio speech, he tried to saying "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes." instead of saying "Testing, testing, one, two, three". It was broadcasted all over the world and people all over the world were surprised him very much.

I like his character. I want to know about details of his economic policy "Reaganomics" more.

0 件のコメント: